Skip to main content

Another fReAkIn' Issue!!


Went to the dentist AGAIN today. Except I took my sick kids to the chiropractor first. Then went to 1 of 2 stores for groceries. Stopped off and had me a lil DQ before movin' on down the road to, what I was sure was gonna keep me from chewing anything harder than a grape for awhile. YEP! I was right. Dentist came in, looked in my mouth, clinked on my tooth with the end of his metal scraper thingy (which sends a shot of pain, so severe, to my nether regions, that I want to hurl) and said I, not only have a clogged salivary gland, (which I knew could get clogged because of the cancer treatment I received in May did the same thing) but that my tooth "was in trouble." He was pondering the x-ray like he discovered a fossil in there and says ok...I just don't understand why this hurts so much. So, I either have to pull it or do a root canal. AGAIN?! Not for another $1400 or whatever the hell it was!! So he pulled it. And it hurt. And I didn't like it. And I now have 3 missing teeth. (But my husband did make me feel better by changing his status on Facebook to "people without all their teeth are sexy!")
Then I went the the second store to get my sick kid her Neti pot so she could wash away her snot. I also had to get disinfecting crap to exterminate the entire house with. Not only was the store OUT of those wipes but also OUT of tortilla shells...huh?! Weird. I needed those shells b/c I was making dinner for the mother-in-law and the father-in-law tonight. I SO didn't want to. I wanted to come home and sleep until tomorrow...but here I am at 12:12am blogging b/c the pain pills I took aren't making me drowsy yet. So I power napped for about a half hour and then got up...not happily...to chop shit up. And in comes Lady Di with a huge bowl of homemade potato soup!! Love her!! I almost cried later b/c she reminded everyone at dinner that 2 years ago, today, her mom, my Grandma Joan, died and the soup was her recipe. So I pictured her in her kitchen earlier trying like hell to feel closer to her mom by making her soup...and then God gave her a daughter-in-law with rotten chops who could eat it for her.
At dinner when Pawpaw Bill didn't immediately get up for THIRDS, he tried to say how full he was and I cut him off and yelled STUFF IT! We laughed and I hurt my face and then I felt stupid and Bill said that that was what I got for yelling at him. I love him! Good times.
So my son is doing this weird thing where he won't eat all his dinner and claim he's full and then like 3 hours later eat like a horse. What the heck? So, we started telling him that he should have eaten his dinner. Well, tonight he DID eat all his taco...so now what do I say?? I just gave him yogurt and oatmeal until HE wanted to hurl and put him to bed.
I, on the other hand, am NOT hungry b/c the cure for a clogged salivary gland is sour candy. I bought lemon heads and have eaten the whole box and now my tongue is so raw that it actually hurts. I'll regret that tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment