Skip to main content

Target Will Never Know

A few weeks ago, I was finishing Eclipse, that I got from the library, and THEY DIDN'T HAVE BREAKING DAWN (the next book in the series)!! There were like 78 holds on the first copy returned and that meant it could be DAYS before I could continue my Edward-loving haze-like daydream/reality-to-me saga!! And we couldn't have that much time go by people!

So, I went down to my local Target store and bought the book after asking what their return policy was on books. Turns out you get 90 days with a receipt for a full refund. SCORE! I wouldn't need 9 days lady!! So I bought the book for like $15, read it, returned it and didn't feel bad AT ALL about it. Is that wrong? Who cares! I got my Edward-fix and that's all I cared about.

THEN...

Lastnight, I got the itch again! I felt dangerous. I felt like a crack head needing another fix. I felt unstoppable. I went to Target again ready to buy a book, read, return, repeat... except this time, my 14 y.o. stepdaughter wanted to go and with her there witnessing me break some like return-moral-code... I just couldn't bring myself to do it. What kind of example would I be setting?

SO... I came right home and put the book on hold at the library.

AND NEXT TIME... I will do my dirtywork SOLO!

Comments

  1. haha--- this made me laugh today. I FREAKING NEEDED IT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can't forget to take my Cymbalta!!

I never used to get depressed after Christmas but apparently I am this year...and in a BIG WAY! I have been in such a bad mood, it's unreal, unnatural and unfair. So continue reading at your own risk... I woke up the day after Christmas...no before that I was feeling "something not quite right" but then again I haven't been "quite right" for quite some time. But I was thinking about how I've been sick with bronchitis now for over 5 weeks and how I am supposed to wear a mask when I leave the house; which would mean wearing it to my mom's which WASN'T gonna happen but still. So, the day after Christmas I woke up hating the day. My cousin and her kid stayed overnight due to the weather and I was not real happy about it b/c I end up babysitting for her b/c she never gets up AND cleaning up after she leaves b/c she never helps clean up the mess her kid makes. So there was that and then Will begging and crying when I said no to opening and using his ne...

My Husband

So yesterday my hubby turned 38!! So I'm blogging 100 things about him... 1. he's a godly man 2. he never cusses 3. he likes his coffee black and lukewarm 4. he's a workaholic 5. saltaholic 6. he hates mushrooms, but he's a fun-guy :) 7. he can fix just about anything 8. he will do chores around the house 9. if he's watching tv it's either America's Funniest Videos, My Name is Earl or the History Channel 10. he's actually a really good singer 11. he's not a very good dancer however 12. he's a major motorhead 13. he doesn't like sports except Nascar 14. he has a bad memory 15. he is in great shape 16. he's a great dad 17. he LOVES music 18. the only instrument he can play is the radio 19. he hates the cold and has S.A.D. (seasonal adjustment disorder) 20. he would NEVER break the law 21. he can't stand people who never shut up 22. he puts everyone before himself 23. he can sew 24. he makes a mean burrito and macaroni & cheese 25...